YEE HAW!!! It’s time for a Rattlesnake Roundup…. Well, a Holiday Rattlesnake Roundup I mean. Today I’m going to share a little secret that I always share with my Sellers when they ask for tips to staying organized when putting their home on the market. It’s actually become very handy in a variety of circumstances over the years.
Originally, my husband came up with this term as a way to get our daughters excited about picking up their toys and doing household chores when they were a little younger. We don’t have toys around any more, but the term stuck like glue in our house. There are 2 types of Rattlesnake Roundups… There is the Basic, which helps you stay organized if done daily, and the DELUXE, which is what one does to prepare for the arrival of guests. Much like pulling up to the Splash Carwash and telling the cashier which option you would like, here is how it goes:
Basic Rattlesnake Roundup
- Dishes clean and put away
- Laundry folded and put away
- Toys/Clutter picked up and set neatly out of site. I usually grab a large laundry basket and sweep through the house. It’s an easy way to collect the clutter.
- Trash taken out
- Beds made
- Set the table
DELUXE Holiday Rattlesnake Roundup: Includes all the Basic roundup tasks PLUS
- Bathrooms completely SPARKLY clean and fresh
- Fresh clean linens on the guest beds
- Fresh clean towels available for guests. To create a spa like experience for your guests, roll up plain white towels and display them on the counter.
- Air Fresheners
- Floors swept (I love Swiffer!!!) and mopped
- Carpets vacuumed
- If you’ll be serving food to your guests, gather your special Holiday table setting necessities like chargers, silverware, glasses, plates, napkins, napkin rings etc.
- Fresh Flowers in various spaces (including the guest room) are a nice touch or another easy FREE alternative is to cut some fresh evergreens from the yard. If you don’t have a vase use empty wine bottles.
Now all you have to do is turn on the music, light the candles and VIOLA!